Apr 11, 2013

Another Run In With Religious Conversion Squad


     These religious conversion squads are getting worse these days.
     Last night couple of them ladies knocked on my door. I didn't even bother answering the door.
     Today there's a whole battalion of them camping in front of the university main entrance. I saw one of them lady squad actually physically grabbing a student trying to give him a lecture while he refused. I was late for a class but I'd still rather go around them so I crossed a road. But they were there as well, trying to grab me. I told them to get the f*** off of my back and stop following me.
     Everyone in the world know their religion exist. And anyone would have been there if they wanted it and didn't feel like they're being forced into a cage they believe in because of a book that is written and re-written over 2000 years says so, right? And if god did made me, it's perfectly find to believe in myself, right?
     Or is their god an attention whore who gets all pissy if people doesn't thank and fear him enough? Or is their church is all more about money and power than a pity excuse they call a belief?

1 comment:

  1. Awww it's really sad to see enterprising religious groups hawking their beliefs like cheap trinkets to draw in tithe-payers. How base and degrading for them, and how annoying for us! It's especially sad because I have been positively influenced by people who are strong from having walked a path of discipline and dedication leading them to new heights of spiritual awareness and strengthening their characters. I admire these people and have always wondered what it would be like to have personally benefited so much from daily acts of gratitude and devotion. Ah, if only the desperate, frantic church entrepreneurs knew how far they were missing the mark. I'm afraid there's no nice way to tell them that what they call God is a socially regressive tax-exempt brick building with a collection plate.

    ReplyDelete